Pages

Background

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Prepping for the Big Move


Today was a crazy busy day.  I got to meet up with my friend Stacie for lunch… finally!  She and I have been friends since 7th grade and were cheerleaders together in middle school and high school.  She's a great friend and a lot of fun, we don't get to hang out as often as we'd like, but it's always a good time.  After seeing her, I met up with my sister-in-law and mother-in-law to do a little shopping and then we met up with the other ladies in the family for happy hour to celebrate Gregory's (Seth's cousin) new position as the President of the Junior League of Austin.  I love my in-laws, they are awesome1   I can't imagine marrying someone and disliking their family… I think I lucked out.  After happy hour, I came back home to pack some more of my JUNK.  Oh, how I cannot wait to unpack (ew).

When I got home I had a super sweet card from my assistant Amy.  She also lost her mom to cancer a few years ago and shared a poem with me that someone had sent her.  So sweet.  Thanks Amy!

Here it is:
"When I am gone, release me, let me go, 
I have so many things to do and see.
You must not tie yourself to me with tears. 
Be happy that we had so many beautiful years.
I gave you my love, you can only guess how much you gave me in happiness.
I thank you for the love you each have shown.
But now it's time I travel alone. 
So grieve awhile, for if grieve you must --
then let your grief be comforted by trust.
It's only for a while that we must part--
So bless the memories within your heart.
I won't be far away, for life goes on.
So if you need me, call me and I will come.
Though you cannot see or touch me -- I'll be near.
And then, when you must come this way alone,
I'll greet you and say "Welcome Home."

Tomorrow I will be going over to my in-law's house (waking up at 8am on a Sunday…)to finish packing and bring more stuff over to get ready to move.  I can't believe I only have 2 weeks left in Austin….so WEIRD.

With Love,
Deanna

No comments:

Post a Comment