Pages

Background

Monday, February 25, 2013

Done With the DMV!

Hola!  I can't believe it's already been 5 days since my last post...sorry guys!  I have been a little busy.  Big news!  I got my California Driver's License!  I was actually really nervous that I wasn't going to pass the written exam... I didn't really know how different the driving laws were from Texas.  Fortunately, I passed and only missed 3 out of 36!  Yay!  

The DMV was surprisingly not too bad.  It was pretty funny though, the test was given basically on a scantron with a pencil.  It definitely seemed a little behind the times. 

In Austin, when I took my test (almost 10 years ago) I took it on a computer.  However, the last time I went to the DMV in Austin, I waited 2.5 hours just to get my license renewed.  The DMV in Austin does not let you make appointments and likes to have like 2 people working even though there are 10 windows.  In California, I was able to make and appointment and was in and out in about an hour, and took a test.  I will gladly take a pencil and paper test rather than a computer test if I can wait half the time! 

My picture on my license however will be my worst one ever!  So annoying. The lady was rushing me and it is WAY too close up.  Oh well, you win some, you lose some.  

Now, I am officially Deanna Wimmer, everywhere!  I was almost, Deanna WILMER, because the DMV lady kept making mistakes when entering my information... 

We are making so much progress on the house and found a desk for Seth's section of the office (the closet) :)!  I have tons to share so I will be posting away this week! 

With Love,
Deanna







No comments:

Post a Comment