Pages

Background

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Oven Lovin'

       Hey Y'all!  I hope everyone is having a great week!  I woke up feeling a little sick this morning :( My throat is pretty sore.  Ew.  I rarely get sick so hopefully I'll get over it quickly!  I haven't been up to much, aside from playing house.  I have been cooking and baking and cleaning, I've got to keep up with my housewife duties :)  I will be sharing some of the delicious meals I've been making soon, but today I wanted to share my Blueberry Banana Bread I made yesterday, it is SO good!  Seth and I ate one whole loaf of it yesterday haha.  It's so moist, you don't even need to add butter before you eat it or warm it up...YUM!  


So here it is...



                                                            And here's the recipe...


Blueberry Banana Bread
(Yields 2 loafs)


2.5 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

1/4 C shortening
3/4 C Butter
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 tsp Almond extract
2 tsp honey
1 C sugar
1 C brown sugar

3 ripe bananas
4 large or 3 extra large eggs

Beat wet ingredients well. Mix in dry ingredients. Don't over mix. Fold in 2 Cups of Blueberries.

Pour half of the batter into each well greased loaf pan, then add a layer of cinnamon sugar, then pour remaining batter on top of the layer of cinnamon and sugar.  Top both with a good amount of cinnamon and sugar and bake for about 35 minutes at 350. 


I hope you enjoy and please let me know what you think or how it turns out for you!  Please let me know if you have any questions!

I will be posting more recipes soon.  I am going to attempt to get my Driver's License on Friday!  I have to take a written test, so let's hope I pass :)

With Love,
Deanna

No comments:

Post a Comment