Pages

Background

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Office Space

Hi Y'all!  Today I thought I would share the progress of our office.  We are still working on the details and final decor, but it is coming along :)  So exciting!  We found Seth's new desk on Craiglist for $130.  It is an antique desk and we LOVE it.  When we were out shopping at the furniture stores, we saw so many desks similar to this and they were between $250 and $450.  I love Craigslist.  The first picture below shows the new desk without Seth's stuff, and the 2nd shows with. It is actually a perfect setup.  The computer cords are all in the closet and it's not cramped.  He also doesn't have to worry about a glare on his screen when he edits now.

The 3rd picture is the wall opposite of my desk and it has a cabinet with most of our art stuff in it.  The REALLY cool old wooden box on top is an antique toolbox we found on South Congress in Austin.  I am using it to store scrapbooking stuff :). 

The 4th picture is my new office setup.  I am still planning on hanging shelving and the chalkboard and frame on the wall above the desk, but haven't gotten there yet!  The drawers have more scrapbooking and art supplies in them.  This desk I also found on Craigslist last year for Seth.  It is custom made out of wood and gas piping and I LOVE it.  

The last picture is our wall of books.  This is probably my favorite part of the office.  Can't wait to completely fill it.  We're almost there.  

As you can tell, we love the collected look.  We like the mixture of the old and new.  There is something so cool about collecting pieces and not buying everything from Pier1.  It has taken us longer to get everything decorated because we are so particular about what we want.  Right now, aside from the collage wall we started, we only have one picture on the wall (a 5ft picture of a homeless man that Seth took).  I am so excited about finally getting things on the wall, but what is going to be so nice is that is will be pictures we have taken or artwork that we have created- not a generic painting or photo that you can buy in the store :) 

I hope to be finished with the office very soon, so I will post the final product soon!!  






With Love,
Deanna


No comments:

Post a Comment