Pages

Background

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Love in LA


     I have officially been a resident of Venice for 1 week and 1 day!  It has been quite the productive week.   I have unpacked all but 2 boxes!  Yay me!  I have reorganized the kitchen to make everything fit… we have a lot of crap…and by crap I just mean stuff :)  The most difficult part has proven to be squeezing both of our wardrobes into one closet.  Yikes.  The problem with Los Angeles is that there really isn't any seasons.  It's pretty much always 60's-70's and FREEZING at night.  Yes, FREEZING.  When you come from Texas, anything under 80 is cold.  We live about 7 blocks from the ocean and the Pacific Ocean is so cold that it makes a big difference in the temperature outside.  I'm learning to layer.  It's a little disappointing that people back in Texas keep posting about the 80 degree weather and going to the pool when I'm so cold here, but I know summertime will be better here- and it's not like it's snowing here... just cold. :/

       I have already been driving around, only twice by myself, but I'm getting comfortable!  I do hope that I continue to be a nice driver, unlike the drivers out here.  I am learning that you pretty much need to just stay in the lane you want to be in because NO ONE will let you over.  Thanks jerks.  I also have terrible road rage, but am learning that you can't really make it out here if you don't remain calm haha.  

        Cowboy and Seth both seem to enjoy me being here and I am adjusting to the "housewife" role for now.  It is so weird not working, we'll see how long it lasts!  It definitely has not set in that this is my home now and I think it will take a while.  


         I will try to start posting some of our fun organizing and decorating as we make some progress!  For now, here is one of our newly organized kitchen cabinets.

With Love,
Deanna

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you D! Things seem to be falling into place for you! I plan on making a trip to Cali later this year and I hope to see your lovely face at some point during my visit!! :)

    -Great Dane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Great Dane!! Would love to see you as well! Let me know when you're in town! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete