Pages

Background

Monday, February 18, 2013

Keep Your Eyes on The Road

        So I just went on my very 1st solo outing to Staples, Radio Shack, the gas station, and Smart and Final.  It was actually not too bad.  I feel all grown up!  The thing about driving around here is that the traffic always sucks and the pedestrians and bicyclists that randomly cross the street.  The nice thing is that there is a million different ways to get anywhere, so you can kind of avoid most of the traffic. I made it safely without getting honked at and without getting lost!  Big achievement!  

      Driving here you realize, you can't have road rage because people are crazy.  In Texas, I may or may not have flipped a couple birds on a regular basis and said many choice words to the other drivers who could not hear me, but it is too scary to do any of that here.  I guess I will just have to get some patience and leave a lot earlier.


Making a left turn in L.A. is one of the harder things you're going to do in life.
~Mack, Grand Canyon

        One of the other scary things about venturing out alone is the sketchy people.  I've always hated going to gas stations alone because for some odd reason it seems to be where all the creeps hang out.  I swear someone always stares or yells things at me and it freaks me out.  Today however, the gas station was fine (besides me not knowing my zip code for my credit card...couldn't remember which zip code! Oy!), it was the rest of the places that were sketchy.  I had a really creepy guy following me around Staples and yes, I am positive he was following me.  Scary.  Then when I was leaving Radio Shack I had 2 guys walking behind me start yelling "Hey Miss, Excuse me Miss!".  I obviously pretended I didn't hear them, but since I was parked on the street, I had to wait for traffic to slow before I could get in my car while they were right behind me!  I don't know if I am overly afraid, but I don't care.  I've watched enough shows on Discovery ID to know not to trust people...especially in this city.

          As of today, I have officially been here for 2 weeks.  It still feels like vacation...minus all the housework  :)

With Love,
Deanna

No comments:

Post a Comment